Through the journey of building a collection, value can fluctuate over time, so having an accurate understanding of the value of a collection is essential to provide a more detailed analysis of the whole collection. From there, many decisions that stem from the value of the overall collection can then be made to provide a proper quantitative analysis of the current inventory.
Aside from a comprehensive collection analysis, other prominent reasons to have your wines accurately appraised include:
- Insurance purposes, to establish a policy or after a claim has been filed for theft or a natural disaster
- Transporting your collection
- Liquidation and reselling
- Legal resolutions for divorce settlements and estate needs
- Classic offers appraisals for our clients’ collections for all these scenarios through various valuation tools utilizing several current market data points.